Ward of Dawn is a Titan Super Ability used by the Defender subclass in Destiny and by the Sentinel subclass in Destiny 2. The ability allows the player to shape Void light into a mostly indestructible spherical shield to protect themselves and their allies from harm. The shield normally lasts 30 seconds, but can be extended to 45 with the Bastion skill equipped.
- Armor of Light: While inside Ward of Dawn you and your allies gain significant damage resistance.
- Blessing of Light: Passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a shield that lasts 10 seconds.
- Weapons of Light: Passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a 35% increase to weapon damage for 10 seconds.
- Although Ward of Dawn creates a sphere, the modifier bonuses only apply to the top half. For example, if Ward of Dawn is placed on a balcony above where a player is standing and that player jumps up into the bottom half, no bonuses will be applied.
- Ward of Dawn expires prematurely if the Titan that raised it dies.
- Ward of Dawn can be dispelled in the Crucible by attacking it with other Super abilities. Nova Bomb and Fist of Havoc also overpenetrate to instantly kill the enemy occupants.
- Dague, David. (2013-08-22) "Out Here in the Wild". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Aug. 27, 2013.
- Otero, Jose. (2014-04-28) "I Played Destiny And". IGN. Retrieved 15 Sept. 2014.
- (2014-07-02) "Game Master July 2014 Destiny Cover Issue & PlayStation UK Magazine June 2014 Destiny Hands-on: Breakdown". Reddit. Retrieved 15 Sept. 2014.