Venus is the second-most planet from the Sun in the Milky Way galaxy's Solar System.
During the Golden Age, Venus was considered a "paradise," and the world was colonized by humanity. During this time, Venus was home to a human scientific research settlement that is now in ruins, swallowed by jungle and falling into the Venutian ocean.
- Citadel - speculated to be on Venus, concept art of the Citadel depicts it to be a green, jungle-choked building posing as a Vex stronghold.
- Maat Mons - an exotic, yet chaotic, area home to the Crucible map Shores of Time.
- The work of Peter Gric influenced the look and feel of Venus.
- Due to its geysers and sulfure pits, the surface of Venus has been compared to that of Yellowstone National Park.
- ↑ Destinythegame.com "Destiny: Venus". Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Miller, Matt. (January 2014 Print Edition) "A Player's Journey: Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 30 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Vore, Bryan. (2013-12-20) "The Places of Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 30 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ Dague, David. (2013-03-15) "The Ides of Mail Sack". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved 4 Oct. 2013.
- ↑ (2013-07-8) YouTube: Building the Destiny E3 Reveal - Bungie Commentary 10:50. Retrieved 4 Oct. 2013.