Remember, it is your responsibility as a user of the wiki to read, understand, and follow Destiny Wiki policies. When in doubt, ask an Administrator!
Policies are the rules and guidelines which help to ensure consistency of articles and protect the community's work from damage. All users, regardless of status and position, are expected to follow the policies, unless extenuating circumstances instruct otherwise. Policies are not set in stone and are available for constructive criticism, change, and/or removal as the community sees fit so long as proper consensus has been met. The following is a list of all Destiny Wiki policies:
- About - A quick overview of Destinypedia.
- Chat Policy - The chat should be used for polite and enjoyable communication with other users.
- Copyright Policy - Copyright?
- Destiny Wiki is not ... - The Destiny Wiki is an encyclopaedia only.
- Gaming the System - Don't abuse policy leniency and loopholes to avoid punishments.
- General Disclaimer - Destinypedia is not affiliated with or officially approved by Bungie or Activision.
- Ownership Policy - Users do not own any contributions to the wiki or images derived from Bungie works.
- Manual of Style - All users should follow the manual of style to ensure consistency of articles.
- Category Policy - All pages should be categorised within our category tree in a logically and sparing manner.
- Citation Policy - All information should be sourced to ensure validity and avoid plagiarism.
- Deletion Policy - Deletions should undergo consensus unless it meets the criteria for speedy deletion.
- Edit Revert Policy - Edit wars should be avoided and reverts should be limited to 3 per article per day.
- Edit Summary Policy - Edits and reversions should always possess a descriptive edit summary.
- Fanon Policy - Non-existent or fictional items, characters and locations should not be included on the wiki.
- Granularity - So long as it's notable and relevant to the Destiny franchise it may have an article.
- Image Policy - Destiny Wiki isn't an image hosting site. Read before uploading.
- Leak Policy - Leaked information is both prohibited from the wiki and illegal. Do not post it on articles!
- Players do not deserve pages - Destiny players and clans should not be included on the wiki.
- Red Link Policy - Red links should only be placed when substantial information exists to make the page.
- Redirect Policy - How to organise redirects ...
- Spoiler Policy - This wiki is filled with plot details and spoilers, label them where possible and read with care.
- Template Policy - Templates should only be used where it will aid organisation of multiple pages.
- Third Person - All articles should be written in third person, avoiding first and second person perspectives.
- Title Policy - Article titles should be sentence case unless it's capitalised in game.
- Trivia Policy - Trivia should contain ...
- Video Policy - Videos uploaded to the Destiny Wiki should not be taken from sources without permission.
- Be Bold - Don't be afraid to take part, help edit, or vote on community decisions!
- Blog Policy - Blogs should only be used for important Destiny and Destinypedia news, reviews, and opinions.
- Bot policy - All bots should be passed by the community and given a bot flag before use.
- Consensus - Destinypedia is not a democracy, all decisions are made through neutrally guided consensus.
- Equality Policy - All users regardless of position are given equal treatment and have equal say.
- Multiple Accounts Policy - Users should possess no more than one account per person.
- Personal Namespace - All templates and biographies should be restricted to the user namespace. Personal images should be hosted off site.
- Signature Policy - Signatures should not be too large or overly complex.
- Sock Puppet Policy - Creating new accounts to circumvent a ban or block is strictly prohibited.
- Talk Page Policy - Remember to title and sign any messages left on a talk page. Never delete discussions.
- Userpage Policy - Userpages can contain anything so long as its not inappropriate or advertisement.
- Assume Good Faith - Users should always assume an edit was made in good faith.
- Avatar Policy - User avatars/display pictures should not contain content which is not safe for work.
- Parent Filter - A parents guide to Destiny and Destinypedia.
- Deletion Guidelines - Deletions should be made by consensus unless they meet criteria for speedy deletion.
- Demotion Guidelines - Demotions should be made with consensus unless prompted by severe action.
- Protection Guidelines - Articles and the wiki should only be protected if they are being consistently vandalised or they are high traffic pages.
- Vandalism Guidelines - What is and isn't vandalism, and appropriate actions ...
- Warning Guidelines - Polite warnings should always be issued when users make edit mistakes.
|Article Policies||New Article Policy • Citation Policy • Leak Policy • Spoiler Policy • Image Policy • Video Policy|
|Community Policies||Assume Good Faith • Be Bold • Equality Policy • Multiple Accounts Policy • Sock Puppet Policy • Wiki Etiquette • Site Moderation • Blocking Policy|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.