Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Fight to the Wolves' Ketch
- Hunt Taniks, the Scarred
- Destroy the Walker
- Kill Taniks, the Scarred
Transcript[edit | edit source]
All dialogue is spoken through the Ghost's comms.
- VARIKS, THE LOYAL: Taniks has no House. He kneels before no banner, owes allegiance to no Kell. He is a murderer, and very good at what he does. I have been tracking him since Wolves broke their chains, yes? Now Taniks works for Wolf Pack, but not for long.
- VARIKS: Taniks has been sent to plunder the Hive. Your job just as simple: avenge the dead. Stop him from stealing the Dark.
The Guardians head into the Temple of Crota, encountering Hive along the way. Variks says one of the following lines at random:
- VARIKS: Be cautious as you confront him. He will try to trick you. Fight. Win.
- VARIKS: Taniks sees you not as an enemy. You are a trophy to collect.
- VARIKS: I remember Taniks from the Reef Wars. Many Awoken dead. Clever, clever creature.
The fireteam continues toward the Dusk Warren.
- VARIKS: Lift field distortion! Ketch just above you.
The fireteam kills all of the Fallen at the bottom of the lift. Taniks, the Scarred appears. The fireteam weakens him, and he retreats.
- VARIKS: Taniks has called you out, Guardian. You are challenged in the ways of old.
The fireteam enters the lift to the Traitor's Ketch and pursues Taniks.
- VARIKS: Taniks is jamming our comms. Fight well, Guardian. Fight for honor.
The fireteam chases Taniks to a room, where he is supported by more Fallen. After weakening Taniks further, he retreats. The fireteam kills all of the Fallen in the area and heads into the next room. A Wolf Walker drops from the ceiling and attacks the fireteam. The fireteam destroys the Walker and heads into the next room. Taniks ambushes them, but retreats again after taking damage. The fireteam chases Taniks to the next room and kills him.
- VARIKS: Notorious mercenary dead. No small matter. You will be rewarded. Treasure from the Queen. And my respect, as well.