The City is the last populated city on Earth and the last bastion for mankind and civilization. The City was built after The Traveler arrived and is located directly below where The Traveler hovers. Mankind came together to build The City underneath the Traveler because it provides powers and protection to humankind. It is surrounded by The Wall.
Known Districts in The CityEdit
The City is divided into several zones:
- The Towers, homes of the Guardians
- The Wall that protects the City from The Darkness
- Midtown, the site of the Crucible map of the same name in Destiny 2
- Peregrine District, an area seen in Chosen, the final mission of Destiny 2
History of the CityEdit
The Dark AgeEdit
Shortly following the Collapse, humanity entered a Dark Age in which Ghosts began to search for their Guardians and survivors of the Collapse began searching for a new place to call home. During this time, legends began to circulate among the survivors of a refuge beneath The Traveler.
The City AgeEdit
Historians seem to disagree over when the City Age began, but they do agree that it was a long and arduous process for the City to form. Guardian warlords and other enemies of the City made life difficult, but the City was built, and it's walls hosted many important historical events and people. During this time, the following events took place, in unconfirmed order:
- The Fall of the Iron Lords
- Saint-14's Crusade
- The creation of the position of "Speaker"
- The Great Ahamkara Hunt
- The failed effort to retake the Moon
- Faction Wars
At this point, The Guardian enters the scene, changing much for the progress of the City. The Guardian successfully repels the threats of The Darkness itself, Crota, Skolas, Oryx, and SIVA, among others.
The Red War and Cabal OccupationEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 (2013-02-17) YouTube: Reveal Trailer - Official Destiny ViDoc - Pathways Out of Darkness Retrieved 7 Oct. 2013.