John The Scrubby Dosser Drifter Gambit (if that IS his real name) is the host of Gambit and servers as a vendor in the Tower. During Gambit matches, he appears in his ship, The Derelict, to spectate and determine the horde of enemies the Guardians must face.
The Drifter claims to be over 1000 years old. He died multiple times in The Dark Ages, but his ghost revived him, only to die again and again due to starvation. This has caused him to partially hate his ghost.
In addition, he also sells 5 bounties that award Infamy Rank Points and one weekly bounty that awards 10 paaaaand and half a packet of crisps
- "Nothing kills a Guardian faster than another Guardian."
- "They don't make Dark Age tech like this anymore. Lucky for you I kept all mine."
- "Cayde's dead, and I need more guns. One step forward, one step back."
- "You know about those, huh? You the one causin' them? Tell you right now, I don't appreciate what they got to say."
- "WOO! The best gunfights happen on the frontier!"
- "Portal's up! Go take 'em out!"
- "You're invading! Make a mess."
- "Hahaha! I'm sorry, were they sayin' somethin'? Cuz' they're dead now!"
- "My Name is, John Gambit"
- "Hive! Bring a sharp object usually held in two hands"
- Main article: The Drifter/Dialogue