The Dark Below is included in certain editions of The Taken King and can no longer be purchased separately.
Plot[edit | edit source]
|This section lacks information and needs to be expanded.|
After the destruction of the Black Garden's heart, Eris Morn lands in the Tower. As a former Guardian, Eris warns the Tower of the return of Crota, a Hive prince that is worshiped as a god. Eris is the only survivor of a failed raid to kill him. She requests the Guardian to purge some the Hive on Earth by killing the Fist of Crota. Although killing the Fist of Crota did stop some Hive, the remaining Hive attempt to take over Rasputin. The siege is led by Omnigul the Will of Crota and the Might of Crota. After killing the Might of Crota, the Guardian hunts down Omnigul. Eris then sees the Guardian as ready to stop the Hive on the Moon from resurrecting Crota. The Guardian seeks out the Soul of Crota and destroys it along with the Hive Wizards trying to resurrect it.
Content[edit | edit source]
In addition to new weapons, The Dark Below contains armor that can boost a Guardian's Light level to 32. Eris Morn appears in the Tower and provides access to exclusive bounties, emblems, and materials.
Story Missions[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Story Mission
Strikes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Strike
Raids[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Raid
Crucible Maps[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Crucible
Items[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The trademark for the expansion was filed in 2013. Activision had Blizzard Entertainment file the trademark, which led to some confusion as to whether the expansion was related to World of Warcraft.
- When The Dark Below was released, Destiny was updated to give all players access to new weapons and armor, and new Daily Bounties.
- After the release of The Taken King, all PlayStation timed-exclusives in this expansion were made available to all other platforms. Additionally, all Crucible maps pertaining to this expansion were made available to all players, including those who did not own it.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Bungie.net "Expansion I: The Dark Below". Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- Activision Press Release (7 July 2014) "Activision and Bungie Open the Destiny Universe with Beta Beginning July 17". Activision Inc.. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Activision "Destiny's The Dark Below Expansion Detailed, Launching December 9". Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- Futter, Matt. (Aug 6, 2014) "Destiny's The Dark Below Expansion Was Almost Uncovered In 2013". GameInformer.com. Retrieved Sept 9, 2014.
- Pine, Sarah. (Jul 7, 2014) "The Dark Below is real". Wow Insider. Retrieved Sept 9, 2014.
- Dague, David. (2014) "Bungie Weekly Update – 10/31/2014". Bungie. Retrieved November 4, 2014.