Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Get to the Buried City
- Locate Cabal Signal
- Tab Cabal Feed
- Enter the Skyscraper
- Ascend the Skyscraper
- Find the Overwatch
- Track the recon team
- Expel the Cabal
- Secure the Ancient Machine
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- GHOST: Seems like the Cryptarchs are really curious about this region of Mars:
- MASTER RAHOOL: For years, the Cryptarchs have been waiting to break through the Exclusion Zone and find what's left in that buried city. They say Freehold birthed technological wonders. We cannot let the Cabal destroy it.
- GHOST: The Cabal could have leveled that entire city. If they haven't brought it down yet, they must've found something valuable. We should track them. See what they're after.
The Guardian makes their way to the Hollows.
- GHOST: I'll scan for Cabal transmissions. (pause) I've got something! Inside Building 5!
The Guardian enters the building and ascends to the second floor, killing Cabal along the way.
- GHOST: There's an active feed back to their base here. Let me listen.
The Guardian sends the Ghost to scan a nearby terminal.
- GHOST: Looks like the Cabal have a recon team stationed at the top of the other skyscraper here. They must have found something interesting. Let's check it out.
The Guardian heads into the neighboring building, the Dust Palace.
- GHOST: Clovis Bray. A center for scientific advancement, interplanetary defense, AI development, research on the Traveler. This place could be a gold mine.
The Guardian ascends the skyscraper, encountering Cabal and Vex battling each other. The Guardian either ignores them or eliminates the threats. They eventually reach Overwatch and discover a terminal surrounded by Phalanxes, Legionaries and Psions. The Guardian kills them all. Another squad of Cabal enter through another door, led by Bracus Tha'aurn, a Major Centurion. The Guardian wipes them out, clearing the area.
- GHOST: This machine--it's still active! Let me analyze it!
The Guardian sends the Ghost to inspect the terminal. Its core rises from the center and extends upwards.
- GHOST: This AI once connected to the Warmind of Mars.
A Warmind's voice can be heard.
- GHOST: Rasputin's controlling it. I can't get in, and neither could the Cabal. He's everywhere now.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]