After the Skyburners base was destroyed, Primus Ta'aun rammed the Skyburners ship Dantalion Exodus VI into Oryx's Dreadnaught. Ta'aun then led an attack to seize a Hive portal, but was taken by Oryx.
Tau'un's "death" enraged his two brothers and former bodyguards Valus Mau'ual and Valus Tlu'urn. In an act of revenge, they led a strike team in an unsuccessful attempt to destroy the Dreadnaught's core.
Ta'aun returned as a Taken by the name "Ta'aun, Hand of Oryx" when a Guardian ventured into the Oversoul Throne and attempted to gather some of Crota's death essence into stolen crystal shard. He and Baxx, Hand of Oryx attempted to fight off the Guardian, but the Guardian escaped.
When the Guardian entered the Ascendant Realm on the Dreadnaught intending to kill Oryx, Ta'aun once again appeared with Baxx and attacked the Guardian. Both Baxx and Ta'aun were killed by the Guardian.
- During development of Destiny: The Taken King, Bungie referred to Ta'aun and Baxx as "Bebop and Rocksteady."
- ↑ Bungie (2015) Destiny: The Taken King, Enemy of My Enemy. Activision.
- ↑ Bungie (2015) Destiny: The Taken King, Shield Brothers. Activision.
- ↑ Bungie (2015) Destiny: The Taken King, Last Rites. Activision.
- ↑ Bungie (2015) Destiny: The Taken King, Regicide. Activision.
- ↑ Twitter "Mark Noseworthy tweet". Retrieved August 22, 2017.