Super Abilities are abilities in Destiny and Destiny 2 that, when activated, allow a player to unleash powerful offensive, defensive, or tactical powers. Each super ability is specific to a particular subclass (while subclasses are, in turn, specific to particular player classes).
Super abilities need to be recharged after use, and the phrase "Super Charged" appears in the player's HUD when charging has completed. Super abilities normally recharge in 5 minutes and 30 seconds. This cooldown can be reduced by increasing the Guardian's Intellect (.35 seconds per point of Intellect), killing enemies (2.8 seconds per kill), performing certain in-game actions, or picking up Orbs of Light. Orbs of Light are generated by other Guardians when they use their own super abilities, a cooperative gameplay mechanic designed to encourage players to play in Fireteams and work together.
Destiny Super Abilities
Destiny 2 Super Abilities
- Arcstrider: Arc Staff
- Gunslinger: Golden Gun and Blade Barrage
- Nightstalker: Shadowshot and Spectral Blades
- Revenant: Silence and Squall
- Sentinel: Sentinel Shield
- Striker: Fists of Havoc and Thundercrash
- Sunbreaker: Hammer of Sol and Burning Maul
- Behemoth: Glacial Quake
- Dawnblade: Daybreak and Well Of Radiance
- Voidwalker: Nova Bomb and Nova Warp
- Stormcaller: Stormtrance and Chaos Reach
- Shadebinder: Winter's Wrath
- Miller, Matt. (January 2014 Print Edition) "A Player's Journey: Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- Vore, Bryan. (2013-12-27) "The Character Progression of Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- (2014-04-28) YouTube: Official Destiny Strike Gameplay: The Devil's Lair Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- Dague, David. (2014-04-11) "Bungie Weekly Update - 4/11/2014". Bungie. Retrieved 2014-05-05.