- Enter the Temple of Crota
- Summon the Forsaken
- Survive the Attack
All dialogue is spoken through the Ghost's comms.
- ERIS MORN: Soon, the Hive will sacrifice the Forsaken as a plea to Oryx. Deny them this offering. Find the Forsaken, and bring me the eyes.
- ERIS: Make your way to The World's Grave. Lure out the Forsaken. And don't forget: I need the eyes.
The Guardian travels deep into the Hive breeding grounds under the surface of the Moon, eventually reaching The World's Grave. Upon entering the Chamber of Night, the Urn of Sacrifice sits on a pedestal. The Guardian approaches the Urn. When the Urn is touched, text appears in the player's HUD:
The Embers of the Lesser cry for vengeance
An ear-splitting screech is heard as four Vestiges of Crota surround it in defense. Several dozen Thrall and Cursed Thrall attack from multiple entrances. The Guardian kills them all.
The Sullen Hearts call to the Darkness
More Vestiges fall to the floor, covering the ritual space. A large crowd of Acolytes appear, firing on the Guardian. The Guardian eventually kills them.
Their jagged blades will avenge the Hated
Even more Vestiges appear across the battlefield. About a dozen Cleaver and Boomer Knights appear. The Guardian kills them.
The Sullen Hearts crack and scream
More Vestiges spawn, leaving only a few small spaces not cursed by a Vestige. More Acolytes return, this time accompanied by Wizards, their poison clouds hindering the Guardian even further. However, the Guardian manages to kill them all. Finally, two Forsaken Ogres, Malgor and Thogar, appear on opposite sides of the chamber. They attack the Guardian simultaneously. The Guardian successfully kills the two Ogres.
- ERIS: Don't forget: bring me the eyes.
- This mission was required for the Urn of Sacrifice quest in Destiny: The Dark Below. Both the quest and the mission were made unavailable in Destiny: The Taken King, but it was made available again in the Weekly Story Playlist added in the Age of Triumph update.