A Public Event is a global minigame in Destiny where players may participate in a specific objective in order to earn experience and loot. Public Events appear at random in public areas where multiple fireteams may participate.
Known Public Events
- Defeat the Extraction Crews at three different zones.
- Defend the Warsat from waves of enemies.
- Destroy the Fallen Iron Walker/Devil Walker.
- Kill the Enemy Target before he reaches his destination.
- Prevent Vex sacrifices by killing Vex before they reach a sacrifice altar.
- The first example of a Public event was "Fallen Assault" featured at Destiny's live demo during the Sony press conference at E3 2013. The event included multiple waves of Fallen enemies before a Fallen Devil Walker was dropped into the field.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 IGN (2013) YouTube: Destiny Gameplay Revealed - E3 2013 Sony Conference 09:05. Retrieved 18 June 2013.