Oryx, the Taken King, born Aurash and formerly known as Auryx, was a Hive king that the Hive worshipped as a god. He is the main antagonist of The Taken King and the final boss of the story mission Regicide and the raid King's Fall. He was the father of Crota, and Nokris.
Upon becoming King, Aurash changed her name to Auryx, which means "Long Thought."
After Guardians killed his son Crota, Oryx traveled to the Solar System on his massive Dreadnaught ship to exact his revenge. Using the power of the Darkness, he created a new army called the Taken by changing and corrupting members of the Fallen, Hive, Vex, and Cabal species. He was assassinated by a team of Guardians during a mission deep within his throne world inside the Dreadnaught, ending his existence forever.
- Main article: Oryx/Dialogue
- There are many Hive shrines across the solar system that are dedicated to Oryx.
- Oryx was the second Hive witnessed speaking English, and he does so fluently.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 List of Grimoire Cards/Sardok, Eye of Oryx
- ↑ SoMxStation (2015) YouTube: Destiny: Taken King Interview with Eric & Luke Smith + More Footage + New Supers + New Map! Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 (2015) YouTube: Official Destiny: The Taken King ViDoc – No Legend Is Safe Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- ↑ List of Grimoire Cards/II: The Hateful Verse
- ↑ List of Grimoire Cards/X: Immortals
- ↑ destinygame (2015) YouTube: Official Destiny: The Taken King E3 Reveal Trailer Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- ↑ Bungie.net "The Taken King". Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- ↑ King's Fall