Yes, I wrote you a note. I want you to burn this in your memory. If you're wielding this gun, I've already told you all this and more. But I want you to keep it fresh in mind. I want you to have this. You may need it. You and I have done a lot together in this system, and I hope and pray we'll get to do a lot more. It'll be a lot safer with you wearin' one of these. It's the culmination of a lot of things. Long time ago I set out to find a replacement for a weapon called Thorn. This will never be that, but to me, it's better. We built it together. And all of us, with this in hand? Even the Man with the Golden Gun should have pause. Maybe we can't out-shoot him. Maybe he can't be out-shot. But if we all take our shot together? We don't have to beat him to it. He'll die, too. Remember this. For when the day comes. —The Drifter
Malfeasance is an Exotic Hand Cannon that can be obtained by completing an Exotic Quest. Complete the following requirements:
1. Play Gambit matches until an Ascendant Primeval spawns instead of a normal one. The round must be won in order to complete this step. If you kill the Ascendant Primeval and win the round, they will drop an item called The Seething Heart.
2. Return to The Drifter will grant the quest step City of Secrets.
3. Travel to the Dreaming City and defeat 25 Taken bosses or minibosses (yellow health bars) After defeating 25 Taken bosses, you'll receive the step The Corrupted.
4. Complete a special version of the Corrupted Strike. Follow the markers to Callum's Grave. You'll receive a Depleted Weapon Core.
5. Return to the Drifter and receive the quest step Business as Usual.
6. Play Gambit matches and earn points by banking Motes and winning matches. However, if you drop or lose any Motes during a match, you'll lose progress and there's a x2 loss penalty for each Mote lost. Fill both bars up to 100% to unlock the final step, Lights Out.
7. Defeat 25 opposing Guardians in Gambit, by either invading the other team or killing invaders.
8. Return to the Drifter to receive Malfeasance.
Malfeasance can also be upgraded with the following perks:
Shoot tainted slugs that burrow into the enemy. Stacking enough slugs causes them all to explode.
Slightly increases range and stability
Slightly increases handling speed
This weapon has a greatly increased magazine size, but reloads much slower.
Greatly increases magazine size
Greatly decreases reload speed
Bonus damage against Taken enemies and Gambit invaders.
This grip is weighted for recoil control.
Decreases handling speed
No tracker is displayed on this weapon.
This weapon tracks the number of Crucible opponents you defeated with it.
Restores your weapon to its default appearance.
Aim to Misbehave
Equip this weapon ornament to change the appearance of Malfeasance. Once you get an ornament, it's unlocked for all characters on your account.