|This article does not contain enough correct in-line citations. Please help improve this page by fixing or adding more citations. [Proposed: September 4, 2017]|
Remnants of powerful items. Used to improve gear or trade for other items.
― In-game description
This table lists possible methods of obtaining legendary shards in addition to their quantities:
|This section lacks information and needs to be expanded.|
|1||Dismantling a legendary shader or mod. (Note: This does not apply to shaders that can be acquired through Bright Dust or Silver purchases.)|
|Exchanging 5000 Glimmer or 10 of a planet-exclusive resource with the Spider.|
|3||Dismantling a legendary weapon or armor piece|
|5||Dismantling an exotic weapon or armor piece|
|5||Dismantling fully masterworked legendary weapons and armor|
|???||Ranking up with an applicable vendor or faction.|
This currency has a wide variety of uses that include the following:
- Infusing rare and higher tier gear to boost its Power level.
- Upgrading legendary and higher tier weapons into masterworks.
- Purchasing previously acquired or unlocked items and gear from Collections.
- Exchanging for various resources and Enhancement Cores with the Spider in the Tangled Shore.
- Purchasing inventory from Xûr and other various vendors throughout the game.
- This currency is tied to all characters on a player's account.