A Ghost is a levitating artificial intelligence used by Guardians. Ghosts support Guardians by performing certain actions such as illuminating darkened areas, hacking Golden Age technology, and informing Guardians of incoming hostile threats. Ghosts also have a navigation mode which locates mission objectives and Faction missions from the Tower.
Ghosts originated from The Traveler's technology and Light and seek out their Guardian companions from the ancient dead, reviving them, and afterwards, resurrecting them continuously if they are killed by the forces of The Darkness.
- Didi, assigned to Marcus Ren
- Ophiuchus, assigned to Ikora Rey
- Pulled Pork, assigned to the new Guardian Uldren Sov
- Sagira, assigned to Osiris
- Sundance, assigned to Cayde-6
- In Destiny, players can find dead Ghosts scattered around the game. Reviving them unlocks Grimoire cards.
- Peter Dinklage originally provided the voice of the Ghost. Nolan North replaced Peter Dinklage as the voice of the Ghost in Destiny: The Taken King. He has continued to voice the Ghost in Rise of Iron, as well as throughout Destiny 2.
- An advertisement for Destiny claimed that Ghosts existed during the Golden Age. This is most likely an error, as all other sources available have stated that the Ghosts were created by the Traveler after the Golden Age ended.
- Holding a Ghost near a normally un-openable door will cause it to open, revealing a cloud of darkness behind it.
- Introduced in Destiny: The Taken King, when the Ghost Icon appears in the right corner of the screen, the Ghost will look towards/guide their Guardian (when they are held on-screen) to items that need investigation. This feature is also available in Destiny: Rise of Iron and Destiny 2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bungie (2014) Destiny Activision.
- ↑ List of Grimoire Cards/Ghosts
- ↑ Internet Movie Database "Destiny (Video Game 2014)". Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- ↑ EB World "The New Frontier awaits". Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- ↑ Achievement Hunter (2015) YouTube: Five Facts - The Ghost (Destiny) 1:01. Retrieved 2 August 2015.