The Destiny First Look Alpha is the alpha build of Destiny available to the public for testing originally from June 12 to June 15 of 2014. During the week of E3 2014, PlayStation 4 owners with PlayStation Plus membership were able to register for the alpha test at GreatnessAwaits.com. The deadline for registration was June 11. Codes for the alpha testing were delivered the following day, via an on-console message and an email to the email address associated with the PlayStation Network ID entered, at 12 noon PST. Bungie confirmed the alpha would be open to all those who registered. Players who had already played an earlier alpha test did not have to wait for a new email invitation; this access carried over into the latest alpha phase.
The alpha test allows players to create a character from one of Destiny's three player classes. Once inside the alpha, players start at level 4 and can earn XP to level up and earn new abilities, and advance all the way up to level 8. Alpha players can undertake story-based missions throughout Earth either by themselves or with online companions. Area exploration is possible, along with the acquisition of side quests from these areas. The Crucible, the game's competitive multiplayer, is also available.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 PlayStation.com "PlayStation Greatness Awaits Destiny Alpha Registration and Info". Retrieved June 14, 2014.
- ↑ PS4 GreatnessAwaits "Destiny Alpha FAQ". Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- ↑ @GuardiansofD (June 11, 2014) "Tweet by GuardiansofDestiny". Twitter. Retrieved June 14, 2014.
- ↑ Haas, Peter. (June 11, 2014) "Destiny PS4 Alpha Test Launches Today, Everyone Will Get Invites". CinemaBlend.com. Retrieved June 14, 2014.
- ↑ @Bungie (June 16, 2014) "Bungie: There's a rumor that the #Destiny ...". Twitter. Retrieved June 16, 2014.