Acquiring the Quest
To acquire the quest, a fireteam must enter the raid and activate five hidden monitors before exiting. The following monitors are in sequential order regarding raid progression along with their locations:
Monitor #1 (Vosik):
- Location is the "Monitor Room" where Vosik is challenged a second time. In the left-front safe-room, a guardian can make his or her way up and through the ceiling fan to find a hidden room containing the first monitor.
- The blades of the fan will be removed after defeating Vosik to allow easier access.
Monitor #2 (Pipes):
- Location is the "parkour/jumping section" between Vosik and the Zamboni boss fight. Halfway through the jumping sections, guardians can take a detour to the right to locate a hidden chest above on a scaffolding. In this room, the monitor will be much higher up and can be found by actively jumping upward using pipes and searching.
Monitor #3 (Zamboni):
- Location is at the end of the Zamboni fight prior to jumping downward toward the next checkpoint. After defeating the Zamboni, a guardian can stay on the highway that was traveled on. At the section where the ramp begins to decline, a guardian on the right side of the highway can turn and look back to locate a brown and rusted shelving plate attached to the side of the highway that can be shot. While being shot, the door will continually say "immune" which should be disregarded. Continue shooting until the plate explodes off. Enter the side of the side walling to locate the hidden room containing the monitor.
Monitor #4 (Cylinder Room):
- There are two locations guardians must occupy at once; two guardians must remain in the SIVA Vandal maze room (after defeating all the enemies) and the other four guardians must continue forward to the room with rows of cylinders below the walkway and a large SIVA case in the center.
- This monitor requires a couple of inter-connected activities to complete. Starting with the first two guardians in the maze room; each must find an interactive monitor (once one is found the other is directly across the pathway). Each of these monitors, when activated, provide a binary code. One monitor gives a binary code that translates to a number corresponding with a row of cylinders that a guardian in the second room must jump to. The second monitor gives a binary code that translates to a number corresponding with the actual cylinder the guardian in the second room must jump on. Once the codes are displayed, the team has approximately 10 seconds to translate the code and to get a guardian in the second room to jump on the codes corresponding row and cylinder.
- In the room with all the cylinders, the guardians can take note of the large numbers on the walls that shape the perimeter of the room. The wall with a "00" will be the first quadrant a guardian must use when jumping to the proper row and cylinder (as instructed by the preceding two guardians in the maze room). The quadrant to the left, "01", will be the second quadrant during the second sequences of numbers. The quadrant to the left, "02", will be the third quadrant during the third sequences of numbers. The quadrant to the left, "03", will be the fourth quadrant during the fourth sequences of numbers. A row of cylinders is considered from the first cylinder at the perimeter wall, moving toward the guardian, and ending at the cylinder just below the walkway. The number of rows is counted by moving from left to right. If the preceding guardians call out "Row 2", "Cylinder 3" then the guardian must find the third cylinder in the second row and jump to it. Each section requires the same method; jumping to the corresponding cylinder in the correct row which is provided by the two guardians in the fallen maze room.
- The binary code is translated as follows:
- Following this translation, one guardian will call from his or her monitor the row to be jumped to (ex 0010 is row 2) while the second guardian will call from his or her monitor the cylinder to be jumped on (ex 0100 is the fourth cylinder). These interpretations would have the first guardian in the quadrant room jump in the "00" quadrant to the fourth cylinder in the second row. Approximately 10 seconds later the monitors will provide another set of binary codes to be called out (ex 0011, 0000) which would have the guardian in the "01" quadrant jump to the cylinder closest to the catwalk in the third row. This process will continue until all four guardians in the cylinder room have stood on a cylinder. Continue waiting for approximately 10 seconds until a loud noise is heard and the central casing in the cylinder room is lifted. Find an exotic chest and the monitor in the center of the exposed SIVA core.
Monitor #5 (Aksis):
- The location is in the final arena where Aksis is destroyed after the second phase. If the guardian returns to the spawn point and peers over and just below the railing, he or she will notice a secret platform below that allows access to a hidden room and the final chest with contains the exotic quest line for the Raid Pulse Rifle Outbreak Prime.
- If the fireteam leaves the raid prior to activating all 5 monitors, the monitor progress will start over and will require the team to restart the raid to reactivate the monitors.
- A player may join a fireteam in the raid anytime without losing monitor progress that the raid team has achieved.
- Once the quest is obtained, the questline will require a three-man fireteam consisting of one Titan, one Warlock, and one Hunter. Fireteams can reduce the stress and wait-time of the questline by ensuring they maintain a team throughout the raid and questline as the questline also requires a fireteam member to be at the same point of the questline as the host.