|This article does not meet Destiny Wiki's high standards. Help improve this article by cleaning it up! [Proposed: November 15, 2019]|
Cayde-6 was the Hunter Vanguard and owner of the Ace of Spades. In Destiny, Cayde-6 sold a variety of Hunter armor (including Vanguard armor) and emblems. All Guardians could purchase and own these items regardless of their class, but only Hunters could equip Hunter armor.
During the initial attempt by Guardians to retake the Moon from the Hive, Cayde-6 ended up in a most peculiar situation. Falling back from overwhelming Hive forces, he took cover behind a crashed jumpship, only to discover that a Fallen Baroness was there as well. As they both had a common enemy, the two opted not to kill each other, and continued to fight the Hive. After most of the Hive were killed, Cayde returned to the crashed ship, only to find the Baroness mortally wounded. In the end, he was forced to kill her.
After the death of his friend, Andal Brask, at the hands of Taniks, the Scarred, Cayde took on the Vanguard Dare. To his regret, he lost the bet, and was forced to accept the challenge of becoming the new Hunter Vanguard.
During some of Cayde's travels, he hid away stashes of information, clues to the past, and leads on rare and exotic weapons. One of the items he had hid away was a preserved 1883 copy of Treasure Island. The book was hidden in the Speaker's personal library and has drawings and notes from Cayde within the book.
Death and Legacy
At the beginning of Forsaken, Cayde, Petra Venj and the Guardian attempted to stop a riot at the Prison of Elders. Cayde was separated from the others, and found himself facing off against a horde of Scorn. Although he was injured in the fight, Cayde managed to beat the Scorn that were attacking him. Cayde's ghost, Sundance, was then suddenly shot and destroyed by Pirrha, the Rifleman right as she had begun healing him. Cayde, now vulnerable, faced down the Scorn Barons, and was smashed through a wall by Reksis Vahn, the Hangman. He eventually regained consciousness, and was greated by Uldren Sov. Still weak and powerless, and after a short conversation, Uldren dealt the final blow by shooting Cayde with his own weapon, the Ace of Spades.
Cayde-6 has four memorials dedicated to him in the Tower:
- A framed picture of him smiling and giving a double thumbs up in the spicy ramen shop.
- An engraving of the Ace of Spades that can be found right behind Zavala.
- His own cloak located behind Amanda Holliday.
- His pet chicken, the Colonel, standing where Cayde stood as a vendor in the Tower.
In Forsaken, it is revealed that Cayde hid 10 caches all throughout the moon Titan with pre-recorded messages for the people whom he believed had subsequently murdered him or knew on a personal level. These people included Eris Morn, Taniks, the Scarred , The Drifter, Petra Venj, Suraya Hawthorne, any Hunter who killed him, Zavala, Ikora Rey, and the playable Guardian.
After completing the Forsaken Campaign (Nothing Left To Say), you can go to Banshee-44 after talking to Zavala and Ikora. He will tell you that he had never seen corrosion on the gun since...well....ever?(Banshee-44 has short term memory loss).
-  After speaking with Cayde-6 in Destiny, he would sometimes whisper, "Hey, take me with you," or, "I need to get back in the field," further reinforcing this idea. He was also a gambler, placing bets on the outcome of several events. Despite his diligence to his work, he longed for the opportunity to get back into combat.
- Main article: Cayde-6/Dialogue
- "Need destruction at a distance? Nightstalkers are gonna need support against heavy armor while Bladedancers want it up close and personal. Find a Gunslinger. They'll know what to do."
- "A Hunter back from a quest? Now that's the best storyteller in the galaxy."
- "Sure, it was cold. But I'm an Exo. We keep going."
- "The Vanguard was the best bet I ever lost."
- "Every story has an end. This is mine."
- "I'm comin' home, Ace..."
- "How's your sister?"
- "Am I right? Am I right or am I right?"
- "Hey! Take me with you, I hate this job."
- Cayde-6 was voiced by Canadian actor Nathan Fillion, who had previously lent his voice to other Bungie games, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach.
- On July 17th, 2018, IGN announced that voice actor Nolan North would be replacing Nathan Fillion as the voice of Cayde-6 in Forsaken due to Fillion being unavailable at the time to voice the role. In the announcement, Fillion expressed doubt over his character being dead despite Bungie’s previous statements over Cayde-6’s official death. 
- ↑ Video Games Source (Jul 21, 2014) YouTube: Destiny (Beta) - The Tower: (Hunter Class) Cayde-6, Sinna Jaguar 2.1, Hunter Vanguard Gift PS4 1:13. Retrieved Jul 21, 2014.
- ↑ MoreConsole (June 10, 2014) YouTube: New Destiny Gameplay - Vanguard Armor! Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- ↑ (2014 June 19) YouTube: Destiny Alpha - All NPCs in the Tower Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- ↑ List of Grimoire Cards/Ghost Fragment: Fallen
- ↑ The Taken King: Collector's Edition - GAME
- ↑ List of Grimoire Cards/Hunter Vanguard
- ↑ List of Grimoire Cards/The Garden's Spire
- ↑ Just a Handful of Bullets
- ↑ Novgorod Cloak
- ↑ Snow Angel Boots
- ↑ https://youtu.be/HXIH7Kh9pHY
|Tower||Amanda Holliday • Arach Jalaal • Arcite 99-40 • Banshee-44 • Cayde-6 • Commander Zavala • Eris Morn • Eva Levante • Executor Hideo • Ikora Rey • Kadi 55-30 • Lakshmi-2 • Lord Saladin (formerly) • Lord Shaxx • Master Rahool • Petra Venj (formerly) • Roni 55-30 • Tess Everis • The Speaker • Xander 99-40 • Xûr|
|Vestian Outpost||Berg 99-40 • Brother Vance • Master Ives • Petra Venj • Sentha 55-30 • Variks|
|Iron Temple||Gabi 55-30 • Lady Efrideet • Lord Saladin • Micha 99-40 • Shiro-4 • Tyra Karn|