On May 21st 2012, a judge in the Los Angeles Superior Court ordered that Bungie's contract with Activision, previously sealed during discovery in the Activision v. West and Zampanella case, be unsealed.
- "Destiny" is the operating title for Bungie's next project.
- Destiny will consist of a series of four MMO-style "sci-fantasy action shooter" titles, released every other year beginning in Fall 2013.
- Expansion pack-style downloadable content (DLC), code named "Comet," will be released every other year beginning in 2014.
- Destiny will feature a number of DLCs, microtransactions, and value-added paid services.
- Destiny is targeting a "Teen" rating from the ESRB in the United States and a PEGI16 rating in Europe.
- Activision, as previously confirmed, retains the exclusive right to publish all Destiny titles. However, Bungie retains ownership of the Destiny intellectual property regardless of its relationship with Activision.
- Bungie will receive $2.5 million per year from 2010 through 2013 to develop Destiny.
- Bungie will receive between 20 and 35% of cumulative operating income for Destiny, depending on the total amount of income.
- Bungie is eligible for a number of performance and sales-based bonuses depending on Destiny meeting certain development milestones and sales goals.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.